Asian destinations: Tips and advices
bristi.sarkar
India > India Travel > Crossing the Border
#1
| Member

Asian destinations: Tips and advices

After our Singaporean trip, we have now grown wings on our feet, and planning more trips this Pujo.

I request help and suggestions in planning and deciding. Two things that we struggle with are visas and foreign exchange bookings.

When do we make a deposit with hotels ? How many months in advance ?

When to purchase the tickets ?

Is a local tour operator better or arrange for tour operator in the destination ?

What destinations are friendly to Indians ?


Thanks

5 Replies

#2
| Humble Genius
I can answer two of your questions -

1. Purchase while there's a sale. Like right now Malaysian Airlines is running a sale till March 20th. Validity for travel is till September. Otherwise, use an app like Hopper to get a price trend. I find google flights to be a good option too.

2. Friendly to Indians - well that depends on what you call 'friendly'. I find Afghans to be very friendly - but if it's SE asia Thai and Indonesians are said to be.
#3
| Member

Originally posted by: bristi.sarkar View Post


When do we make a deposit with hotels ? How many months in advance ?


Depends on your booking. Most hotels don't ask for advance deposit these days. You just need to reserve the room with your card online and they take the money either when you check in or check out of hotel.

Originally posted by: bristi.sarkar View Post


When to purchase the tickets ?


Depends on peak or off peak season. Prices are usually lower 3 months in advance.

Originally posted by: bristi.sarkar View Post


Is a local tour operator better or arrange for tour operator in the destination ?


At the destination better but you need to do your research in advance to make sure you don't get taken for a ride.


What destinations are friendly to Indians ?
Thanks


Most destinations are friendly to all tourists 'in general' but some SE asian countries prefer some tourists over other for several reasons. Without going in to specifics, Thailand in particular is known for this sort of thing.
#4
| Member
After reading on the net, we discover that

Bali is good weather during Pujo.
Thailand/Bangkok is good for shopping bargains.
Vietnam is good value overall like food, site seeing, hotels (except shopping bargains).
Siem Reap is on grand scale amazing.
Japan is very pretty during pujo with changing colors or trees, but very expensive.
Malaysia is good for food, and shopping.

Question is which would be easiest in terms of visas and ease of flights ?
#5
| Humble Genius
Thailand - cheapest flight from Kolkata and easy visa on arrival (sometimes the fee is waived off too - it was late last year and early this year for Indians)
Malaysia - Slightly more than Thailand and eNTRI this year.
Bali (Indonesia) - more expensive flight but stamp on arrival at no cost for visa.
Rest are progressively trickier visa and expensive flight and trip overall in order - Cambodia - Vietnam - Japan.

Is it necessary to go during Pujo?
#6
| Member

Originally posted by: vaibhav_arora View Post

Thailand - cheapest flight from Kolkata and easy visa on arrival (sometimes the fee is waived off too - it was late last year and early this year for Indians)
Malaysia - Slightly more than Thailand and eNTRI this year.
Bali (Indonesia) - more expensive flight but stamp on arrival at no cost for visa.
Rest are progressively trickier visa and expensive flight and trip overall in order - Cambodia - Vietnam - Japan.

Is it necessary to go during Pujo?


Thank You for the suggestions.

Pujo is only time five persons can agree to get time from work and school.

Related Posts